Program Partnership Details
Approved families for the Critical Home Repair program must also agree to the following conditions to participate in the program:
Ability to Pay
Partner Families may be asked to pay a program fee to help us serve as many families as possible. The program fee is determined based on a sliding scale, and is designed to be affordable.
Willingness to Partner
We ask our Partner Families to pay it forward by helping to improve the quality of life in our community through volunteer work. Partner Families will be asked to complete up to 50 hours of volunteer hours.
Volunteer work is flexible and tailored to the capabilities of the Partner Family. Examples of volunteer work include but not limited to:
- Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity of the Charlotte Region (ex: ReStore)
- Volunteering with another nonprofit, community organization, club associations or church
- Volunteering at home (limited options are available)
Volunteer work can be completed by the Partner Family, or they can designate other helpers to volunteer on their behalf.
Commitment to Affordability
Habitat Charlotte Region’s mission is to help to preserve the affordable housing in the Charlotte through the completion of extensive repairs on owner-occupied homes. In partnership, Habitat will ask to commit to certain restrictions on the use and sale of your home for up to a 5-year period.
Is Critical Home Repair available in my area?
Due to high demand for Habitat Charlotte Region’s Critical Home Repair program, we have taken a planned pause in accepting applications from some ZIP codes. We anticipate reopening to all applicants late this summer.
Please provide your ZIP code below to see if Critical Home Repair applications are being accepted for your area.
- If you are in an approved ZIP code, you will be redirected to the online application.
- If you are not in an approved ZIP code, you will have the opportunity to complete an interest form, and someone from Habitat Charlotte Region will contact you as soon as applications are available for your area.
If you have any questions, please call the Critical Home Repair Hotline at 704.716.5639.
Critical Home Repair Referrals
To refer a neighbor, friend or loved one, please fill out a Critical Home Repair referral form form and we’ll reach out to them. Please include your contact information in case we need to reach out with any questions.